Sunday, April 11, 2010

WLC World's Largest Crop

Yesterday, my CM (Creative Memories) friends and I went to the Merchandise Mart to crop away at the WLC (World's Largest Crop)! It was a great time together ... talking, eating chocolate, drinking more caffeine than any of us needed ... and, of course getting more photos into albums.

It seems like I can never truly catch up.

I am working on a family history album that is truly archival .. not much foo-foo for this one. I am working to write in it in my own handwriting so that is there as well for generations to come. (Look at how even handwriting has changed over 100 years.) Our family is very jangled and has to be pieced together so this takes time and thought on how to make it work and not be confusing.

I have all these great photos (and, am looking for more to come) with my granddaughters wearing sunglasses. So, I have created an 8x8 album that will be a continuation that I call "Ode to Sunglasses!". So, far it's quite cute!

I am also working on ongoing albums ... yes, albums, 8 to date ... of my granddaughters. These are fun and delightful to do. These are definitely foo-foo complete with info, etc as to what is going on. They are very "girly" and colorful!

I am getting ready to start an album with Lynn's life, his family, daughters and then when I was added into the "picture". Many of those are photos that have been developed from film so, I need to get started getting those scanned in so I can use them in scrapbooking.

I haven't done much digital-wise in regards to the actual scrapbooking but, am getting geared up to do just this with the Harms' photos!!! I think this will be a fun challenge.

Anyway, that is my rambling for now.
If anyone is ever interested in knowing more about archival scrapbooking and ideas on how to save your family's pictoral history and otherwise, just let me know and let's get together! Also, if you are interesting in actually getting started scrapbooking also, just let me know! I can HELP!

Have a wonderfilled day!

2 comments:

  1. We did have a great time yesterday at our WLC!! I just love scrappin with you Tami May...truly a heart singing time!! I always get some great ideas for pages from you friend. And I always learn something new...pictoral, is there such a word, I asked myself? I looked it up and yes, there is...spelled pictorial...of or expressed in pictures. I thought it was one of your ola words...LOL. YOU crack me up!!

    If I can do digital scrapbooking, anybody can! I love digital with everything right at your finger tips, literally! I know there are lots of tricks to learn but CM's SBCP has made it so easy. You will absolutely love it!! Now to learn how to use Memory Manager...that's is my next challenge.

    Thanks for sharing. So enjoyed your blog for today. God Bless your Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny!! AND I WANT MY SCRAPBOOK DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete