Monday, April 12, 2010

FaceBook Connections

I am so loving FB! and, the connections I am making. There are so many people in my life that I thought I would never see again even though they are part of my soul.

When I was 13, my family lived in Brady, Texas (the heart of Texas!). My brother and father were killed the summer I was 13 and my mother decided to move after Christmas of that year. My family had basically been ripped apart and now I was being ripped from everything I felt comfortable with ... my life and my friends.

At the time, I was shy and very naive and this move was extremely frightening and very much out of anything I was comfortable with.

There were so many friends in Brady that are somehow part of my *soul family* that I felt very disconnected from and torn in a sense. A few of these people have been ever-present in my memories and in my dreams.

One of my friends, Linda Larsh, is one of these people and I can't seem to get in touch with her for some reason. She has had numerous challenges in her life and I am not sure what is going on with all of this. I need to work harder at getting in touch with her.

I had another friend, Todd Liverman, who was somehow "related" but, through my step-father. He was definitely an amazing friend and probably would of been more if I had stayed and grown up in Brady. I have reconnected with him through FB and it has been fantastic. I felt some of the holes in my soul fall back in place as we talked and found our way back to where we are now.

There was someone else very special to me from Brady, Ricky Easley. He lived down the street from us and seemed ever-present in my life. He was a quiet boy who was interested in all kinds of things. I remember him having found a bat and brought it to show me one day. He had it in a babyfood jar (poor thing lol). He and I would walk from our houses down to an area where there was a dam (small dam). We walked across it a few times (my mom would have passed out if she had known). And, one time when in the area of the dam, we found a bee hive and almost knocked it out of the tree. We escaped unscathed.

I have had dreams about Ricky for years. After we moved, he and I wrote letters back and forth to each other for a couple of years. I still have the letters somewhere but, have been unable to locate them. Hopefully, I will run across them.

At the time, I was wild and crazy and didn't look at what I was missing by not taking this boy more seriously. I came back to Brady a few times after moving, staying with Linda Larsh and her family. I saw Ricky a few times but seemed to be more interested in faster/older boys at the time. I was foolish but, oh so young and very mixed up.

NOW! because of FB, I have re-connected with Ricky and this has been fabulous. Holes in the fabric of my weave are healing because of many of these types of connections and especially with those like Ricky.

What an amazing time we live in to be able to connect/re-connect this way!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to me the impact we have on other peoples lives.Never,while we were growing up,would I have believed that I meant anything to you except someone to run around with.Oh those days were fun and full of wonder for us.Your family tragedy was easy for me to relate to since I lost my dad in Vietnam just a few years before you lost your dad and Allen.Maybe,just maybe,that's where our connection began.Who knows,so many years have passed since then.All I know for certain is that we have found each other again and I will always be thankful for that.Oh, and by the way,it's really nice to see someone refer to me as Ricky,never asked anyone to drop the (y).

    ReplyDelete