Monday, March 29, 2010

Cooking with my husband!

As I chip away at each of the topics of my "passions" (please know there will be more details later!), I come to cooking with my husband.

First of all, I have to tell you a bit about my husband, Lynn. He is my "reward" in this life! He is an amazing man. He is incredibly gently and kind, he listens thoroughly and then comes to conclusions. And, most of all ... he loves me very much. I feel a safety with him that I have never experienced in my life.

On top of all of this, he loves to do laundry! and, he loves to cook!!! I have found cooking is so fun when you don't have to do it all alone and then the cleanup all alone. It's so much more enjoyable and FUN to be able to do these "chores" with someone; it then becomes an art!

We watched the movie Julie and Julia and it truly inspired both of us ... to cook! and, to eat!!! We bought Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volumes I and II and some enameled cast iron and away we went. The food we have created has been incredible. Nothing we have cooked from Julia's cookbook has turned out anything less than perfect in presentation and in taste!

We cooked Boeuf Bourguignon a La Julia Child which was absolutely incredible ... and, then on to other delectable delights! We have found that nothing is "hard" just time consuming but, every moment spent is so worth it. It takes the boredom out of eating, that's for sure! Our taste buds are tantalized after every single bite!

My daughter, Sterling, gave us another cookbook from Pioneer Woman. We have cooked a number of her recipes and have found them to be just as incredible though on a different scale. If you are looking for everyday food that has a delightful twists, then this is the woman for you. You can go online to Pioneer Woman's website to check out her many recipes and try them out for yourself! They are delicious!!!

We each have our aprons hanging in the kitchen: his solid black of course and mine an animal print with pink bling on it ... it's all fun!

The enameled cast iron is a MUST! Cooking with it is amazing as everything cooks thoroughly and stays just the way you want it to be. We found LaCreuset to be way to expensive for us and we wanted them NOW! The 5 qt LaCreuset is about $250. So, we were in Macy's and found Martha Stewart's line of enameled cast iron cookware for so much less. We have a 3 qt, a 5qt and a 7qt and we paid around $250 for all three! We have found this line to do the job!!!

Anyway, I am sure there will be more on cooking later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment