Sunday, March 28, 2010

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking is a definite passion of mine. About 15 years ago, I went to a Creative Memories get-together. This was when Hobby Lobby and Michaels had 1 extremely small area dedicated to scrapbook as it wasn't a "thing" at the time.

The Creative Memories woman asked us a few questions
1) How much had we spent on camera equipment in the past 10 years? K-ching
2) How much had we spent on film in the past 10 years? K-ching
3) How much had we spent on film developing in the past 10 years? K-ching K-ching
4) Where are your photographs now?

Well, most of us had to admit they were in shoe boxes (or something of the sort) and in the tops of closets, attics, etc.

It really made one think........

So, I decided at that point that was really silly. So, first of all I dug around and found all of the photos that were in our house ... in various spots of course. I also found numerous canisters of film that had never been developed. I went and had them developed.

I then organized all the photos ... we had pictures spread out everywhere.

After that, I began and it's become more and more important as time has gone on. It is truly an archival passion that has developed. I am interested in maintaining the quality of the photos for generations to come.

I not only put the photos into albums ... I tell the stories of our family and our experiences. It will be there for generations and this gives me a sense of peace that the love I feel for the people in my life will be shared by my children, grandchildren, and so on. Our family's history is there in a pictoral fashion for all to share and hopefully enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment